Tuesday 14 August 2012

M.I. AND OMAWUMI UNVEILED AS HOSTS FOR THE HEADIES 2012


2012 HOSTS
Nigeria’s most credible and best organized music awards, The Headies, have announced the hosts for this year’s awards. Making it a strictly music affair; rapper Jude ‘M.I’ Abaga and singerOmawumi Magbele will host the seventh edition of the Hip Hop World Awards. At the host briefing session at the Headies secretariat, M.I. said he was very excited and honoured to be called to host the Headies. “I’m privileged; I’m honoured to be here. You know, finally they call us after how many years to host the show… meanwhile we are going to be the best hosts. You know what I’m saying. And after this, they really have to go in to get us back because after this, people are going to be calling us to host their shows.”
“I’ve seen Omawumi host before and I know she is fabulous, she is fantastic, she is amazing on stage.  I don’t know what is going on, you know what I’m saying, it took so long. Finally”
Omawumi too was elated about hosting the awards. “Overtime you know it has crossed my mind from the beginning so it is really overwhelming now that I will sit down and be the host of The Headies 2012” said the songstress. “We have such chemistry, we suppose friend”; she said further.
M.I and Omawumi are the first all music pair to host the Headies. In the debut edition, Darey Art-Alade hosted. In 2007, D’Banj and Channel O VJ Tana were the first pair to host the Headies. In 2008 comedian Basket Mouth and Nollywood actress Dakore Egbuson took over the hosting duties. The following year Banky W and music video director Kemi Adetiba hosted the Headies when it took place in Abuja. 2010 witnessed something rather ‘un-human’; a voiceover called “Voice of God” was employed. The music industry and Nollywood pairing was revived in 2011 when eLDee and Rita Dominic hosted.
Over the years, they have been honoured with the prestigious awards repeatedly. In 2008, a relatively unknown M.I created an upset when he won the Best Rap Single category at the Hip Hop World Awards. Since then he has risen to be Nigeria’s best rapper with his two best-selling albums Talk About It and M.I2. In 2009, Omawumi was a double winner at the Headies when she won the highly coveted Next Rated category and the prestigious Best Vocal Performance female. She released her debut album Wonder Woman later in the year to rave reviews.
The Headies is billed to hold on Saturday, October 20, 2012 at the Convention centre of Eko Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

No comments:

Post a Comment