Sunday 30 June 2013

I Would Have Died - Eminem Talks about Drug Usage in the past

In a new documentary How to Make Money Selling Drugs (produced by former "Entourage" star Adrian Grenier). Eminem is opening up about his scary drug abuse, revealing that he almost died during one overdose.

"Once I took my first Vicodin, it was like this feeling of, 'Ahhhhh,' like everything was not only mellow, but I didn't feel any pain," he says in a clip from the film posted on YouTube. "It just kinda numbed things. I don't remember when exactly it became a problem, I just remember liking it more and more."

The rapper, who entered rehab for sleeping pill addiction in 2005 and addressed the problem in his 2010 album Recovery, has admitted in the past to taking 10 to 20 Vicodin (painkiller) pills daily. "Valium, Ambien, the numbers got so high I don't even know what I'm taking," he said.

The rapper said he's come a long way and offered encouragement to those who may be struggling with the same addictions.

"I'm growing. In the beginning, I just couldn't believe that anybody could be naturally happy or naturally function or be just enjoying life in general without being on something," he said. "So I would say to anybody, 'It does get better, you know.' It just does.'"

"How To Make Money Selling Drugs" which opened on June 29 also features interviews with Russell Simmons, 50 Cent, Susan Sarandon, Woody Harrelson and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment