Sunday 6 January 2013

Mario Balotelli Opens Up to TIME


Mario Balotelli has branded racists "stupid" and said nothing can be done to change their ways.

Manchester City's maverick striker has spoken out on racism as English football battles to preserve its image against a backdrop of racist allegations and episodes.

In a rare interview with Time Magazine, Balotelli, who suffered racist abuse while playing in Italy for Inter Milan, gave a withering verdict on those who discriminate because of skin colour.

"Racist people are few and you can do nothing against [to change] them," said Balotelli.

"You can talk, you can do what you want, but you can't do anything because they are just stupid people.

"When I wasn't famous, I had a lot of friends, almost all of them Italian," he says. "The racism only started when I started to play football."

"But me, personally, I hope I can help Italy to be a modern country like England or America."

No comments:

Post a Comment